Basketball Team Defeats Culinary Institute
Mighty Oaks never trail, win 70-56
The ESF men's basketball team picked up a 70-56 victory Feb. 2 during an afternoon contest against the Culinary Institute Steels.
The Mighty Oaks took the lead from the start and never looked back as their up-tempo approach helped force 12 Culinary turnovers in the first half. The ESF team took a 40-25 halftime lead.
The Steels did threaten early in the second half, cutting the Mighty Oaks' lead to 48-45 early, but the ESF quickly extended its lead again back to double digits.
ESF set a season high mark on the glass, pulling in 60 boards against the Steels. The Mighty Oaks also had four players score in double figures, led by freshman Joe Fabian's 13 points (3 for 5 from behind the arc), 12 points each from sophomore Danny MacElrath and senior Zach Kalette and 11 from freshman Sage Beemer. MacElrath and Kalette also had career highs on the glass, pulling in 10 and 14 respectively along with sophomore Matt Kowalski's season high eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks will look to build on the weekend's victory as they take on the Davis College Falcons Tuesday in Johnson City. Tip is at 7 p.m.
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210