Basketball Team Defeats Culinary Institute
Mighty Oaks never trail, win 70-56
The ESF men's basketball team picked up a 70-56 victory Feb. 2 during an afternoon contest against the Culinary Institute Steels.
The Mighty Oaks took the lead from the start and never looked back as their up-tempo approach helped force 12 Culinary turnovers in the first half. The ESF team took a 40-25 halftime lead.
The Steels did threaten early in the second half, cutting the Mighty Oaks' lead to 48-45 early, but the ESF quickly extended its lead again back to double digits.
ESF set a season high mark on the glass, pulling in 60 boards against the Steels. The Mighty Oaks also had four players score in double figures, led by freshman Joe Fabian's 13 points (3 for 5 from behind the arc), 12 points each from sophomore Danny MacElrath and senior Zach Kalette and 11 from freshman Sage Beemer. MacElrath and Kalette also had career highs on the glass, pulling in 10 and 14 respectively along with sophomore Matt Kowalski's season high eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks will look to build on the weekend's victory as they take on the Davis College Falcons Tuesday in Johnson City. Tip is at 7 p.m.
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210