Basketball Team Defeats Culinary Institute
Mighty Oaks never trail, win 70-56
The ESF men's basketball team picked up a 70-56 victory Feb. 2 during an afternoon contest against the Culinary Institute Steels.
The Mighty Oaks took the lead from the start and never looked back as their up-tempo approach helped force 12 Culinary turnovers in the first half. The ESF team took a 40-25 halftime lead.
The Steels did threaten early in the second half, cutting the Mighty Oaks' lead to 48-45 early, but the ESF quickly extended its lead again back to double digits.
ESF set a season high mark on the glass, pulling in 60 boards against the Steels. The Mighty Oaks also had four players score in double figures, led by freshman Joe Fabian's 13 points (3 for 5 from behind the arc), 12 points each from sophomore Danny MacElrath and senior Zach Kalette and 11 from freshman Sage Beemer. MacElrath and Kalette also had career highs on the glass, pulling in 10 and 14 respectively along with sophomore Matt Kowalski's season high eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks will look to build on the weekend's victory as they take on the Davis College Falcons Tuesday in Johnson City. Tip is at 7 p.m.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210