Basketball Team Defeats Culinary Institute
Mighty Oaks never trail, win 70-56
The ESF men's basketball team picked up a 70-56 victory Feb. 2 during an afternoon contest against the Culinary Institute Steels.
The Mighty Oaks took the lead from the start and never looked back as their up-tempo approach helped force 12 Culinary turnovers in the first half. The ESF team took a 40-25 halftime lead.
The Steels did threaten early in the second half, cutting the Mighty Oaks' lead to 48-45 early, but the ESF quickly extended its lead again back to double digits.
ESF set a season high mark on the glass, pulling in 60 boards against the Steels. The Mighty Oaks also had four players score in double figures, led by freshman Joe Fabian's 13 points (3 for 5 from behind the arc), 12 points each from sophomore Danny MacElrath and senior Zach Kalette and 11 from freshman Sage Beemer. MacElrath and Kalette also had career highs on the glass, pulling in 10 and 14 respectively along with sophomore Matt Kowalski's season high eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks will look to build on the weekend's victory as they take on the Davis College Falcons Tuesday in Johnson City. Tip is at 7 p.m.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210