Basketball Team Defeats Culinary Institute
Mighty Oaks never trail, win 70-56
The ESF men's basketball team picked up a 70-56 victory Feb. 2 during an afternoon contest against the Culinary Institute Steels.
The Mighty Oaks took the lead from the start and never looked back as their up-tempo approach helped force 12 Culinary turnovers in the first half. The ESF team took a 40-25 halftime lead.
The Steels did threaten early in the second half, cutting the Mighty Oaks' lead to 48-45 early, but the ESF quickly extended its lead again back to double digits.
ESF set a season high mark on the glass, pulling in 60 boards against the Steels. The Mighty Oaks also had four players score in double figures, led by freshman Joe Fabian's 13 points (3 for 5 from behind the arc), 12 points each from sophomore Danny MacElrath and senior Zach Kalette and 11 from freshman Sage Beemer. MacElrath and Kalette also had career highs on the glass, pulling in 10 and 14 respectively along with sophomore Matt Kowalski's season high eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks will look to build on the weekend's victory as they take on the Davis College Falcons Tuesday in Johnson City. Tip is at 7 p.m.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210