ESF One of Princeton Review's Best Value Colleges
College recognized for stellar academics, affordability
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has been named one of the nation's 150 "Best Value" colleges and universities by The Princeton Review.
The college guide describes ESF as "nationally renowned" and quotes ESF students who described the college as "a small, personal school" with "tough coursework" where professors are "brilliant in their fields" as well as "supportive and easy to find and speak to." Students say they are impressed by faculty members who "can back up their teaching with real experiences."
The 150 "Best Value Colleges" were selected based on institutional data and student opinion surveys collected from 650 colleges and universities the company regards as the nation's best undergraduate institutions. Seventy-five public and 75 private colleges and universities were profiled.
The selection process analyzed more than 30 data points broadly covering academics, cost and financial aid. Data from students attending the schools included their assessments of professors and their satisfaction with financial aid awards.
"We commend SUNY-ESF and all of our extraordinary 2013 'Best Value Colleges' for their stellar academics and for all they are doing to make their colleges affordable, especially for applicants with need in these tough economic times," said Robert Franek, Princeton Review's senior vice president/publisher."
The Princeton Review, an educational services company, profiles ESF in its book, "The Best Value Colleges: 2013 Edition" (Random House / Princeton Review, $21.99, published February 5, 2013), and on a special area on its website at http://www.princetonreview.com/best-value-colleges.aspx
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210