Symposium Honors Success of ESF Landscape Architects
March 25 event includes annual Albrecht Memorial Lecture
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will honor the work of some of its most successful graduates March 25 with an all-day symposium exploring the extents of contemporary landscape practice.
The "Epicenter Alumni Symposium" will take place in the new Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Eight recent alumni will present two panel discussions. The morning session (9:30am to noon) will examine modes of public practice and advocacy. The afternoon panel (2 to 4 p.m.) will focus on design-oriented practices at different scales.
Gary Hilderbrand, a member of the ESF Class of 1979 who is a principal at Reed Hilderbrand LLC and an adjunct professor of landscape architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, will deliver the 31st Annual George J. Albrecht Memorial Lecture at 4 p.m.
The symposium is free and open to the public.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210