Symposium Honors Success of ESF Landscape Architects
March 25 event includes annual Albrecht Memorial Lecture
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will honor the work of some of its most successful graduates March 25 with an all-day symposium exploring the extents of contemporary landscape practice.
The "Epicenter Alumni Symposium" will take place in the new Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Eight recent alumni will present two panel discussions. The morning session (9:30am to noon) will examine modes of public practice and advocacy. The afternoon panel (2 to 4 p.m.) will focus on design-oriented practices at different scales.
Gary Hilderbrand, a member of the ESF Class of 1979 who is a principal at Reed Hilderbrand LLC and an adjunct professor of landscape architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, will deliver the 31st Annual George J. Albrecht Memorial Lecture at 4 p.m.
The symposium is free and open to the public.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210