Symposium Honors Success of ESF Landscape Architects
March 25 event includes annual Albrecht Memorial Lecture
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will honor the work of some of its most successful graduates March 25 with an all-day symposium exploring the extents of contemporary landscape practice.
The "Epicenter Alumni Symposium" will take place in the new Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Eight recent alumni will present two panel discussions. The morning session (9:30am to noon) will examine modes of public practice and advocacy. The afternoon panel (2 to 4 p.m.) will focus on design-oriented practices at different scales.
Gary Hilderbrand, a member of the ESF Class of 1979 who is a principal at Reed Hilderbrand LLC and an adjunct professor of landscape architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, will deliver the 31st Annual George J. Albrecht Memorial Lecture at 4 p.m.
The symposium is free and open to the public.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210