Symposium Honors Success of ESF Landscape Architects
March 25 event includes annual Albrecht Memorial Lecture
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will honor the work of some of its most successful graduates March 25 with an all-day symposium exploring the extents of contemporary landscape practice.
The "Epicenter Alumni Symposium" will take place in the new Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Eight recent alumni will present two panel discussions. The morning session (9:30am to noon) will examine modes of public practice and advocacy. The afternoon panel (2 to 4 p.m.) will focus on design-oriented practices at different scales.
Gary Hilderbrand, a member of the ESF Class of 1979 who is a principal at Reed Hilderbrand LLC and an adjunct professor of landscape architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, will deliver the 31st Annual George J. Albrecht Memorial Lecture at 4 p.m.
The symposium is free and open to the public.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210