Greenfield Named Executive of the Year
Executive director of ESF College Foundation honored for leadership
Brenda Greenfield, executive director of the ESF College Foundation at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was honored as a Nonprofit Executive of the Year by the Central New York Business Journal.
Greenfield has led the ESF College Foundation, a private, non-profit organization that provides financial support for the students and academic programs of ESF, since 1999.
On an annual basis, the ESF College Foundation provides more than $1 million in support to ESF. Funds provide nearly 300 student scholarships annually, the purchase of new equipment and facility enhancement. The foundation also built the college's first residence hall which it continues to own and operate.
Under Greenfield's leadership college assets and endowment have increased tenfold and the foundation has successfully managed innovative and complex projects in Syracuse, the Adirondacks and abroad in support of ESF's international work.
The Executive of the Year honor is presented to nonprofit executives (president, CEO, executive director) who exhibit leadership, planning skills, strong staff growth, board development, solid fiscal management and increased fund-raising. Greenfield was one of two people who received the award in the $1 million to $5 million category.
The award was presented at the Nonprofit Awards Luncheon March 26 at the Oncenter in downtown Syracuse. The event celebrates the exceptional accomplishments of the leaders driving the area's nonprofit organizations.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210