Spotlight Put on Student Research & Outreach
Dr. Jerry Mead to be keynote speaker
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will focus on student research during its annual Spotlight on Student Research and Outreach April 10.
The event, held in the Gateway Center, will highlight student research. Posters will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions between noon and 2 p.m.
ESF's annual research symposium is a dynamic forum where graduate and undergraduate students create poster displays to share the results of their research and community service projects.
At 3 p.m., ESF alum Dr. Jerry Mead, assistant research professor in the Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science at Drexel University, will present the keynote address. He has conducted research on Little Sandy Creek modeling stream dynamics and ecosystem structure and function which lead to a successful career as systems ecologist working on several high stakes issues in United States such as water resource planning and the impacts of mining Marcellus Shale on stream ecosystems. He has also worked on modeling water flow in other countries including Chili.
Awards will follow the keynote address with a reception to follow at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Smith, chair of the Committee on Research, at email@example.com.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210