Spotlight Put on Student Research & Outreach
Dr. Jerry Mead to be keynote speaker
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will focus on student research during its annual Spotlight on Student Research and Outreach April 10.
The event, held in the Gateway Center, will highlight student research. Posters will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions between noon and 2 p.m.
ESF's annual research symposium is a dynamic forum where graduate and undergraduate students create poster displays to share the results of their research and community service projects.
At 3 p.m., ESF alum Dr. Jerry Mead, assistant research professor in the Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science at Drexel University, will present the keynote address. He has conducted research on Little Sandy Creek modeling stream dynamics and ecosystem structure and function which lead to a successful career as systems ecologist working on several high stakes issues in United States such as water resource planning and the impacts of mining Marcellus Shale on stream ecosystems. He has also worked on modeling water flow in other countries including Chili.
Awards will follow the keynote address with a reception to follow at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Smith, chair of the Committee on Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210