Spotlight Put on Student Research & Outreach
Dr. Jerry Mead to be keynote speaker
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will focus on student research during its annual Spotlight on Student Research and Outreach April 10.
The event, held in the Gateway Center, will highlight student research. Posters will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions between noon and 2 p.m.
ESF's annual research symposium is a dynamic forum where graduate and undergraduate students create poster displays to share the results of their research and community service projects.
At 3 p.m., ESF alum Dr. Jerry Mead, assistant research professor in the Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science at Drexel University, will present the keynote address. He has conducted research on Little Sandy Creek modeling stream dynamics and ecosystem structure and function which lead to a successful career as systems ecologist working on several high stakes issues in United States such as water resource planning and the impacts of mining Marcellus Shale on stream ecosystems. He has also worked on modeling water flow in other countries including Chili.
Awards will follow the keynote address with a reception to follow at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Smith, chair of the Committee on Research, at email@example.com.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210