Spotlight Put on Student Research & Outreach
Dr. Jerry Mead to be keynote speaker
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will focus on student research during its annual Spotlight on Student Research and Outreach April 10.
The event, held in the Gateway Center, will highlight student research. Posters will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions between noon and 2 p.m.
ESF's annual research symposium is a dynamic forum where graduate and undergraduate students create poster displays to share the results of their research and community service projects.
At 3 p.m., ESF alum Dr. Jerry Mead, assistant research professor in the Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science at Drexel University, will present the keynote address. He has conducted research on Little Sandy Creek modeling stream dynamics and ecosystem structure and function which lead to a successful career as systems ecologist working on several high stakes issues in United States such as water resource planning and the impacts of mining Marcellus Shale on stream ecosystems. He has also worked on modeling water flow in other countries including Chili.
Awards will follow the keynote address with a reception to follow at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Smith, chair of the Committee on Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210