Soccer Teams Open Season with Tournament Wins
Mighty Oaks capture titles at NHTI
The Mighty Oaks' soccer season kicked off for both the men's and women's teams Labor Day weekend in the NHTI Tournament in New Hampshire with both teams bringing home the championships.
The women had a commanding 8-0 win over Fisher College from Massachusetts to start the season. Junior Bridgette Cuddihy had the first hat trick of the season. Sue Fassler, Alyssa Johnsen and Greta Harvey also contributed goals, with Johnsen and Harvey each scoring two.
The women continued their success against NHTI, winning 6-1 in the tournament championship. Bryony Striffler and Heather Carl each had two goals, and Cuddihy and Harvey had one.
Madison Cumminsky earned All-Tournament Team honors with her defensive prowess. She commented, "The team's depth led to our domination on the field this weekend." Striffler was voted tournament MVP.
The men won their tournament as well, kicking off the season with an 8-0 win over Fisher College. Ross Volpe, Dan McGraw, Kyle Bardwell, Zac Reda, Owen Hennigan, Joe Marino, Chris Perretti, and Dillon Buchburg each had a goal in the shutout. The next day, the men took on NHTI in the final, winning 6-2. Reda, Ryan Graig, Bardwell, Kyle Siegel, Ross Volpe and Buchburg each contributed a goal.
The women will face SUNY Delhi on Sunday at noon Sept. 8 while men will face Broome Community College at 4 p.m. Sept. 6.
- By Audrey Hart, SU '15
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210