SUNY Breaks Ground For Biotech Center
Former public housing project becomes research center
News 10 Now Video.
Highlights of President Murphy's remarks at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new CNY Biotech Center.
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
Monday, July 13, 2009, Nancy L. Zimpher, the new State University of New York chancellor, was in Syracuse to take part in the groundbreaking for the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center being built between East Fayette and East Water Streets.
The center, a joint project of SUNY Upstate Medical University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, will be built on four-acres of the 14-acre former Kennedy Square public housing project. The project was built in the 1970s and suffered from declining occupancy and lack of maintenance.
The $20-million, 60,000-square-foot facility will create and support biotechnology, educational and research programs. The center will lease space to business involved in medical device development, medical research and biotechnology.
SUNY Upstate is seeking development ideas for the remaining 10 acres of the Kennedy Square site.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210