Women Capture 'Hill' Cup; Men Lose to Onondaga
Mighty Oaks women chart 10th win
The ESF women's soccer team won its "Queen of the Hill Cup" match with a 2-nil win against Onodaga Community College Oct. 14.
The victory sets a new program record of 10 wins in a single season for the Mighty Oaks women.
Bryony Striffler and Jess Straub scored back-to-back second-half goals to give the Mighty Oaks the win over the Lazers. Great defensive play by Meg Beckwith, Meg Kuczka, Maddie Cummiskey and Kyna Sanchez protected the team in the first half as Onondaga outshot and outpossessed the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team is 10-0-1 on the season, ranked No. 4 in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association and has the national championship tournament in sight.
The ESF men's team dropped a 1-0 match to Onondaga in the "King of the Hill Cup" match. ESF leads 3-2 in the competition between local rivals.
The Mighty Oaks men play Sunday, Oct. 20, against a strong NEAC opponent, SUNY IT. The women resume play Oct.27 against the USCAA's top-ranked team, University of Maine Fort Kent.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210