Women Capture 'Hill' Cup; Men Lose to Onondaga
Mighty Oaks women chart 10th win
The ESF women's soccer team won its "Queen of the Hill Cup" match with a 2-nil win against Onodaga Community College Oct. 14.
The victory sets a new program record of 10 wins in a single season for the Mighty Oaks women.
Bryony Striffler and Jess Straub scored back-to-back second-half goals to give the Mighty Oaks the win over the Lazers. Great defensive play by Meg Beckwith, Meg Kuczka, Maddie Cummiskey and Kyna Sanchez protected the team in the first half as Onondaga outshot and outpossessed the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team is 10-0-1 on the season, ranked No. 4 in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association and has the national championship tournament in sight.
The ESF men's team dropped a 1-0 match to Onondaga in the "King of the Hill Cup" match. ESF leads 3-2 in the competition between local rivals.
The Mighty Oaks men play Sunday, Oct. 20, against a strong NEAC opponent, SUNY IT. The women resume play Oct.27 against the USCAA's top-ranked team, University of Maine Fort Kent.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210