Women Capture 'Hill' Cup; Men Lose to Onondaga
Mighty Oaks women chart 10th win
The ESF women's soccer team won its "Queen of the Hill Cup" match with a 2-nil win against Onodaga Community College Oct. 14.
The victory sets a new program record of 10 wins in a single season for the Mighty Oaks women.
Bryony Striffler and Jess Straub scored back-to-back second-half goals to give the Mighty Oaks the win over the Lazers. Great defensive play by Meg Beckwith, Meg Kuczka, Maddie Cummiskey and Kyna Sanchez protected the team in the first half as Onondaga outshot and outpossessed the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team is 10-0-1 on the season, ranked No. 4 in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association and has the national championship tournament in sight.
The ESF men's team dropped a 1-0 match to Onondaga in the "King of the Hill Cup" match. ESF leads 3-2 in the competition between local rivals.
The Mighty Oaks men play Sunday, Oct. 20, against a strong NEAC opponent, SUNY IT. The women resume play Oct.27 against the USCAA's top-ranked team, University of Maine Fort Kent.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210