Women Capture 'Hill' Cup; Men Lose to Onondaga
Mighty Oaks women chart 10th win
The ESF women's soccer team won its "Queen of the Hill Cup" match with a 2-nil win against Onodaga Community College Oct. 14.
The victory sets a new program record of 10 wins in a single season for the Mighty Oaks women.
Bryony Striffler and Jess Straub scored back-to-back second-half goals to give the Mighty Oaks the win over the Lazers. Great defensive play by Meg Beckwith, Meg Kuczka, Maddie Cummiskey and Kyna Sanchez protected the team in the first half as Onondaga outshot and outpossessed the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team is 10-0-1 on the season, ranked No. 4 in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association and has the national championship tournament in sight.
The ESF men's team dropped a 1-0 match to Onondaga in the "King of the Hill Cup" match. ESF leads 3-2 in the competition between local rivals.
The Mighty Oaks men play Sunday, Oct. 20, against a strong NEAC opponent, SUNY IT. The women resume play Oct.27 against the USCAA's top-ranked team, University of Maine Fort Kent.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210