ESF Launches Program Focused on UV/EB Technologies
Courses to assist business and advanced manufacturing
Radiation and energy curing is the focus of a new program offered by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
ESF, along with RadTech International North America, has launched the Radiation Curing Program (RCP). The program is comprised of three online courses and an advanced certificate.
Ultraviolet/ Electron beam (UV/EB) curing refers to a method coatings, inks, adhesives, composites and other materials may be cured as an alternative to traditional energy-intensive methods that create harmful emissions. These processes entail ultraviolet energy from a UV lamp and the focused electrons in EB to instantly cure/crosslink specially formulated chemistries, using less energy and at lower cost than conventional methods.
The RCP program was developed by a team of academic and experienced energy-curing practitioners to reflect current and emerging industry-relevant content and applications. RCP prepares upper-level undergraduate and graduate students (along with practicing professionals) in the science and technology of energy curing such as UV/EB processing.
The program is supported in part by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210