ESF Launches Program Focused on UV/EB Technologies
Courses to assist business and advanced manufacturing
Radiation and energy curing is the focus of a new program offered by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
ESF, along with RadTech International North America, has launched the Radiation Curing Program (RCP). The program is comprised of three online courses and an advanced certificate.
Ultraviolet/ Electron beam (UV/EB) curing refers to a method coatings, inks, adhesives, composites and other materials may be cured as an alternative to traditional energy-intensive methods that create harmful emissions. These processes entail ultraviolet energy from a UV lamp and the focused electrons in EB to instantly cure/crosslink specially formulated chemistries, using less energy and at lower cost than conventional methods.
The RCP program was developed by a team of academic and experienced energy-curing practitioners to reflect current and emerging industry-relevant content and applications. RCP prepares upper-level undergraduate and graduate students (along with practicing professionals) in the science and technology of energy curing such as UV/EB processing.
The program is supported in part by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210