ESF Launches Program Focused on UV/EB Technologies
Courses to assist business and advanced manufacturing
Radiation and energy curing is the focus of a new program offered by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
ESF, along with RadTech International North America, has launched the Radiation Curing Program (RCP). The program is comprised of three online courses and an advanced certificate.
Ultraviolet/ Electron beam (UV/EB) curing refers to a method coatings, inks, adhesives, composites and other materials may be cured as an alternative to traditional energy-intensive methods that create harmful emissions. These processes entail ultraviolet energy from a UV lamp and the focused electrons in EB to instantly cure/crosslink specially formulated chemistries, using less energy and at lower cost than conventional methods.
The RCP program was developed by a team of academic and experienced energy-curing practitioners to reflect current and emerging industry-relevant content and applications. RCP prepares upper-level undergraduate and graduate students (along with practicing professionals) in the science and technology of energy curing such as UV/EB processing.
The program is supported in part by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210