ESF’s LA Program Nationally Ranked
Undergraduate program tops in Northeast
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is ranked among the nation's top programs in that discipline.
In rankings compiled by DesignIntelligence, the undergraduate program at ESF was ranked 13th in the United States, and the third best program in the East, along with Penn State and Cornell University. ESF's graduate program in landscape architecture was also ranked 13th nationally.
"The inclusion of both the bachelor and master's degree programs in the top 15 programs is unique and serves to affirm what is already well known: we have leading programs with a long history of graduating students who are accomplished in the field of landscape architecture," said Douglas M. Johnston, chair of the Department of Landscape Architecture. "With our unique Off-Campus Program, small class sizes, and diverse faculty, along with excellent students, it is a nice recognition that the programs are listed."
The magazine rankings were based on a survey of more than 300 professional landscape architecture firms asked to rank the strongest university programs.
DesignIntelligence is the Design Futures Council's bi-monthly report on the future, delivering original research, insightful commentary and instructive best practices.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210