Emerita Faculty Member Earns Honorary Degree
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences celebrates Senecah’s accomplishments
Dr. Susan L. Senecah, an emerita faculty member of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Senecah was appointed Honorary Doctor by the university's Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences.
Senecah specializes in environmental communication, including issues such as popular participation in decision-making processes, conflict management, environmental campaigns and the legislative processes.
She was honored for her pioneering work in the field of environmental communication, with a unique combination of science and practice, and for her support in the development of the subject of environmental communication at the university in Sweden.
The honor was bestowed upon Senecah during a three-day event that included formal dinner parties and a 30-minute presentation by the honoree in a castle in Uppsala, Sweden.
At ESF, Senecah was a faculty member in the Department of Environmental Studies for 17 years. She continues to teach a course in collaborative governance. She earned her bachelor's degree from Bemidji State University in Minnesota, and her master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Minnesota.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210