Emerita Faculty Member Earns Honorary Degree
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences celebrates Senecah’s accomplishments
Dr. Susan L. Senecah, an emerita faculty member of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Senecah was appointed Honorary Doctor by the university's Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences.
Senecah specializes in environmental communication, including issues such as popular participation in decision-making processes, conflict management, environmental campaigns and the legislative processes.
She was honored for her pioneering work in the field of environmental communication, with a unique combination of science and practice, and for her support in the development of the subject of environmental communication at the university in Sweden.
The honor was bestowed upon Senecah during a three-day event that included formal dinner parties and a 30-minute presentation by the honoree in a castle in Uppsala, Sweden.
At ESF, Senecah was a faculty member in the Department of Environmental Studies for 17 years. She continues to teach a course in collaborative governance. She earned her bachelor's degree from Bemidji State University in Minnesota, and her master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Minnesota.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210