AIC to Host 'Got Game?' Series for Sportsmen and Sportswomen
Monthly events begin in January
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) at ESF's Newcomb Campus will host a monthly series called "Got Game?" on the first Saturday of each month January through April. Each month will feature a different topic related to hunting and game animals.
This series will connect sportsmen and sportswomen in the Adirondacks, providing an opportunity to swap stories, trade tips and spend time together with a bowl of chili and beverage. The fireside events will take place 3 to 5 p.m. in the great room of the historic Huntington Lodge.
Event topics are:
- Jan. 4 - Hunting Dogs: The session will feature a presentation and dog demonstration by the Southern Adirondack Chapter of the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association.
- Feb. 1 - Remington Arms: (tentative) A Remington representative will speak about the past, present and future of this New York-based company.
- March 1 - Talk Turkey: ESF researchers will discuss their work studying the wild turkey population in the Adirondacks.
- April 5 - Game Dinner Potluck: We will end the series with a game-cooking demonstration and potluck dinner. Please bring any dish (not necessarily game) to share.
This series is open to the public for a small fee of $5. Registration is required and more information can be obtained by calling (518) 582-2000 or emailing email@example.com.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210