Celebrate New Year Shindig at Adirondack Interpretive Center
Program includes music, food, snowshoe hike
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) will bring in the new year with live music, food and outdoor adventure during its first New Year Shindig Jan. 18.
The event will be held at the AIC on the Newcomb campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Events will include:
- Nature crafts, 2 p.m.: Make crafts and bird feeders with objects from the forest.
- Live music, 4 p.m.: Enjoy folk and bluegrass tunes by Frank and Frank (AIC's program manager, Frank Morehouse III, and his father, Frank Morehouse Jr.)
- Potluck dinner, 5 p.m.: Enjoy all-you-can-eat chili and corn bread for $5. Do you have the perfect winter dish? Bring it to share and get a free dinner.
- Full moon snowshoe hike, 6 p.m.: Get outside in the crisp, winter air and take a guided snowshoe hike on the AIC's trails under the light of the full moon.
- Hot chocolate, 7 p.m.: Warm up inside with some hot chocolate before calling it an evening.
Registration is required for this event. Those wishing to register or obtain more information can call (518) 582-2000 or email email@example.com. This event was originally planned as the AIC's Solstice Shindig, which was postponed because of inclement weather Dec. 21.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210