Eastman Chemical Graduate Research Event Set Jan. 24
Students complete in area of sustainable materials
The Cellulose Research Institute at ESF will host the 8th annual Eastman Chemical Graduate Student Award program Friday, Jan. 24.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded to the students who make the three best presentations in the area of sustainable materials chemical sciences. Contestants' research posters can be viewed from 10 a.m. until noon in 408 Baker Laboratory, followed by pizza and soda for the attendees.
The panel of judges this year includes two scientists from Eastman Chemical's main research center in Kingsport, Tenn. Dr. Jacob Goodrich received a Ph.D. in chemistry from ESF in 2007. He also won a summer internship from Eastman in 2006. At Eastman, Goodrich originally worked in process chemistry but recently has taken on a new role and is leading a large group of scientists working on polymer coatings. The other judge from Eastman is Dr. Lisa Gibson, an advanced process development chemist at Eastman, who joined the company in 2011 after obtaining her Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Students presenting include Scott Bergey, Alex Levine, Byeong Cheol Min, Qiong (Gina) Song and Chris Wood.
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210