Eastman Chemical Graduate Research Event Set Jan. 24
Students complete in area of sustainable materials
The Cellulose Research Institute at ESF will host the 8th annual Eastman Chemical Graduate Student Award program Friday, Jan. 24.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded to the students who make the three best presentations in the area of sustainable materials chemical sciences. Contestants' research posters can be viewed from 10 a.m. until noon in 408 Baker Laboratory, followed by pizza and soda for the attendees.
The panel of judges this year includes two scientists from Eastman Chemical's main research center in Kingsport, Tenn. Dr. Jacob Goodrich received a Ph.D. in chemistry from ESF in 2007. He also won a summer internship from Eastman in 2006. At Eastman, Goodrich originally worked in process chemistry but recently has taken on a new role and is leading a large group of scientists working on polymer coatings. The other judge from Eastman is Dr. Lisa Gibson, an advanced process development chemist at Eastman, who joined the company in 2011 after obtaining her Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Students presenting include Scott Bergey, Alex Levine, Byeong Cheol Min, Qiong (Gina) Song and Chris Wood.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210