Got Game? Series Continues at Historic Huntington Lodge
Adirondack Guide Joe Hackett speaks Feb. 1
The Northern Forest Institute (NFI) continues its Got Game? series Saturday, Feb. 1, at the historic Huntington Lodge on the Newcomb Campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The Got Game? series is held 3 to 5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month from January through April. Each session features an open discussion on a different theme related to hunting, fishing, sportsmen and sportswomen.
February's event will feature a presentation by a long-time Adirondack guide, Joe Hackett. For more than 35 years Hackett has been providing traditional backcountry adventures for a loyal following of anglers who have an appetite for brook trout and the wild and remote places they call home.
Hackett will join a host of local anglers for the Got Game? series for his presentation, titled, "Dreaming of Ice Out: An Adirondack Angler's Perspective on Speckles and the Special Places They Can Be Found." Hackett will discuss an assortment of flies, lies, lures and tactics for the early season.
An accomplished outdoor writer, Hackett's stories are regularly featured in a variety of national and regional sporting publications, and he maintains a syndicated series of weekly outdoor columns that are published in more than a dozen North Country newspapers.
A chili dinner and light beverages will be provided; the cost is $5 per person. Registration is required for this event. Those wishing to register or obtain more information can call (518) 582-2000 or email email@example.com.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210