Got Game? Series Continues at Historic Huntington Lodge
Adirondack Guide Joe Hackett speaks Feb. 1
The Northern Forest Institute (NFI) continues its Got Game? series Saturday, Feb. 1, at the historic Huntington Lodge on the Newcomb Campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The Got Game? series is held 3 to 5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month from January through April. Each session features an open discussion on a different theme related to hunting, fishing, sportsmen and sportswomen.
February's event will feature a presentation by a long-time Adirondack guide, Joe Hackett. For more than 35 years Hackett has been providing traditional backcountry adventures for a loyal following of anglers who have an appetite for brook trout and the wild and remote places they call home.
Hackett will join a host of local anglers for the Got Game? series for his presentation, titled, "Dreaming of Ice Out: An Adirondack Angler's Perspective on Speckles and the Special Places They Can Be Found." Hackett will discuss an assortment of flies, lies, lures and tactics for the early season.
An accomplished outdoor writer, Hackett's stories are regularly featured in a variety of national and regional sporting publications, and he maintains a syndicated series of weekly outdoor columns that are published in more than a dozen North Country newspapers.
A chili dinner and light beverages will be provided; the cost is $5 per person. Registration is required for this event. Those wishing to register or obtain more information can call (518) 582-2000 or email email@example.com.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210