ESF Named One of Princeton Review’s 'Best Value' Colleges
Guide calls college highly specialized
ESF has again been named one of the nation's 150 "Best Value" colleges and universities by The Princeton Review.
The 2014 college guide describes ESF as "nationally renowned" and "highly specialized and selective," and quotes ESF students who described the College as "dedicated to its mission of sustainability." and as an institution where professors "set the bar high for expectations and keep it there."
The 150 "Best Value Colleges" were selected based on institutional data and student opinion surveys collected from 650 colleges and universities the company regards as the nation's best undergraduate institutions. The selection process analyzed more than 30 data points broadly covering academics, cost and financial aid. Data from students attending the schools, collected from fall 2012 through fall 2013, included their assessments of professors and their satisfaction with financial aid awards. The list includes 75 public and 75 private schools.
The ranking earned ESF a place in the new edition of the Princeton Review's annual book, "The Best Value Colleges: The 150 Best-Buy Schools and What It Takes to Get In."
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210