Treehugger.com Ranks ESF among Nations Top 10 Environmental Programs
College cited for field stations, research
SUNY-ESF is listed among the 10 best college environmental programs in the nation by Treehugger.com, a website devoted to sustainability and environmental news.
Treehugger states the colleges on the list "earn an A-plus for the education, experience, and research opportunities they provide."
ESF, which is second in Treehugger's list, is highlighted for its extensive network of field stations. Treehugger describes the College's forested lands as "more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate programs choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering."
The College's research projects also earn praise. Treehugger notes that faculty members work on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology and genetic engineering - around the world.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210