Treehugger.com Ranks ESF among Nations Top 10 Environmental Programs
College cited for field stations, research
SUNY-ESF is listed among the 10 best college environmental programs in the nation by Treehugger.com, a website devoted to sustainability and environmental news.
Treehugger states the colleges on the list "earn an A-plus for the education, experience, and research opportunities they provide."
ESF, which is second in Treehugger's list, is highlighted for its extensive network of field stations. Treehugger describes the College's forested lands as "more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate programs choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering."
The College's research projects also earn praise. Treehugger notes that faculty members work on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology and genetic engineering - around the world.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210