Treehugger.com Ranks ESF among Nations Top 10 Environmental Programs
College cited for field stations, research
SUNY-ESF is listed among the 10 best college environmental programs in the nation by Treehugger.com, a website devoted to sustainability and environmental news.
Treehugger states the colleges on the list "earn an A-plus for the education, experience, and research opportunities they provide."
ESF, which is second in Treehugger's list, is highlighted for its extensive network of field stations. Treehugger describes the College's forested lands as "more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate programs choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering."
The College's research projects also earn praise. Treehugger notes that faculty members work on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology and genetic engineering - around the world.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210