ESF Wildlife Society Wins Quiz Bowl
Team members excel in numerous competitions
ESF's Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl team won the Quiz Bowl at the Northeast Student Conclave at Penn State in March. The ESF team beat 10 other teams competing in the bowl.
Quiz bowl team members are Peter Iacono of Brooklyn, junior, wildlife science; Thea Cooper of Howard Beach, sophomore, conservation biology; Rob Meyer of Buffalo, senior, wildlife science; and Sarah McIntire of Waltham, Mass., senior, wildlife science.
Members of ESF's chapter of The Wildlife Society also placed highly in other events including: dendrology competition, second place, Russell Winter of Washington Grove, Md., junior, wildlife science; ornithology competition, third place, McIntire; mammal identification, second and third places respectively, Cooper and Iacono; human dimensions photo contest, first place, Kevin Skrzynski of Buffalo, sophomore, wildlife science.
The team also won the New York state Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl held in Oxford, N.Y., beating teams from SUNY Cobleskill and Cornell.
The club is advised by Assistant Professor Jonathan Cohen of the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210