ESF Wildlife Society Wins Quiz Bowl
Team members excel in numerous competitions
ESF's Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl team won the Quiz Bowl at the Northeast Student Conclave at Penn State in March. The ESF team beat 10 other teams competing in the bowl.
Quiz bowl team members are Peter Iacono of Brooklyn, junior, wildlife science; Thea Cooper of Howard Beach, sophomore, conservation biology; Rob Meyer of Buffalo, senior, wildlife science; and Sarah McIntire of Waltham, Mass., senior, wildlife science.
Members of ESF's chapter of The Wildlife Society also placed highly in other events including: dendrology competition, second place, Russell Winter of Washington Grove, Md., junior, wildlife science; ornithology competition, third place, McIntire; mammal identification, second and third places respectively, Cooper and Iacono; human dimensions photo contest, first place, Kevin Skrzynski of Buffalo, sophomore, wildlife science.
The team also won the New York state Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl held in Oxford, N.Y., beating teams from SUNY Cobleskill and Cornell.
The club is advised by Assistant Professor Jonathan Cohen of the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210