ESF Wildlife Society Wins Quiz Bowl
Team members excel in numerous competitions
ESF's Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl team won the Quiz Bowl at the Northeast Student Conclave at Penn State in March. The ESF team beat 10 other teams competing in the bowl.
Quiz bowl team members are Peter Iacono of Brooklyn, junior, wildlife science; Thea Cooper of Howard Beach, sophomore, conservation biology; Rob Meyer of Buffalo, senior, wildlife science; and Sarah McIntire of Waltham, Mass., senior, wildlife science.
Members of ESF's chapter of The Wildlife Society also placed highly in other events including: dendrology competition, second place, Russell Winter of Washington Grove, Md., junior, wildlife science; ornithology competition, third place, McIntire; mammal identification, second and third places respectively, Cooper and Iacono; human dimensions photo contest, first place, Kevin Skrzynski of Buffalo, sophomore, wildlife science.
The team also won the New York state Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl held in Oxford, N.Y., beating teams from SUNY Cobleskill and Cornell.
The club is advised by Assistant Professor Jonathan Cohen of the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210