ESF Wildlife Society Wins Quiz Bowl
Team members excel in numerous competitions
ESF's Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl team won the Quiz Bowl at the Northeast Student Conclave at Penn State in March. The ESF team beat 10 other teams competing in the bowl.
Quiz bowl team members are Peter Iacono of Brooklyn, junior, wildlife science; Thea Cooper of Howard Beach, sophomore, conservation biology; Rob Meyer of Buffalo, senior, wildlife science; and Sarah McIntire of Waltham, Mass., senior, wildlife science.
Members of ESF's chapter of The Wildlife Society also placed highly in other events including: dendrology competition, second place, Russell Winter of Washington Grove, Md., junior, wildlife science; ornithology competition, third place, McIntire; mammal identification, second and third places respectively, Cooper and Iacono; human dimensions photo contest, first place, Kevin Skrzynski of Buffalo, sophomore, wildlife science.
The team also won the New York state Wildlife Society Quiz Bowl held in Oxford, N.Y., beating teams from SUNY Cobleskill and Cornell.
The club is advised by Assistant Professor Jonathan Cohen of the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210