ESF Faculty Members Honored for Outstanding Commitment
Commitment to education, business recognized
ESF's Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering received the Outstanding Commitment Award from Partners for Education and Business, Inc. (PEB).
The award recognizes individuals and organizations who demonstrate outstanding commitment to the PEB mission and who have contributed to programs that advance the workforce needs of Central New York. PEB is engaged in providing career exploration and workforce development services for thousands of students in more than 100 companies in Central New York.
The award recognized the commitment of the whole department, according to Dr. Gary Scott, department chair. He noted the effort was led by Associate Professor Biljana Bujanovic. Paper engineering students Joseph Piazza and AJ Murphy also assisted with the program.
The collaboration between ESF and PEB began in 2010 when ESF faculty and students along with the Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation began hosting job shadow days for Onondaga County students interested in engineering careers.
The department also participated in job fairs in high schools, at the Milton J. Rubenstein Museum Of Science and Technology and at Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Careers Day at National Grid. They have been active participants in promoting careers in paper engineering, bioprocess engineering and paper science through presentations with the Girl and Boy Scouts, Ed Smith Middle School, Cafe' Scientifique, the New York State Fair and the college's ESF in the High School program.
The award was presented during PEB's annual awards program at The Palace Theatre in Eastwood May 29.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210