2nd International Biorefinery Conference
Scientists from around the world gather in Syracuse
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), the International Union of Biorefineries, and the Biorefinery Institute organized the 2nd International Biorefinery Conference under way today and continuing tomorrow at the Doubletree Hotel in East Syracuse, N.Y.
Scientists from around the world, faculty, graduate students in biofuels, stakeholders in sustainable chemical industries, biomass production systems, and others involved in the next generation of biofuel investments are attending. The previous conference, two years ago, was held in Beijing, China.
Today's highlights include luncheon speaker Suzanne Hunt of the World Watch Institute discussing biorefineries and the development of emerging economies; followed by Jennifer Holmgren of UOP, a subsidiary of Honeywell International, explaining how to unlock the potential of biofuels; and a panel discussion during the evening banquet on bridging from biorefinery technology to commercial business success.
Wednesday includes morning sessions with Dr. G. Ronald Brown of the American Forest and Paper Association, and Professor Esteban Chornet of Universite' de Sherbrooke, on biorefinery technology development in the forest products industry and developing biomass feedstock.
ESF Professor Thomas Amidon, chair of the 2009 International Biorefinery Conference, delivers closing remarks at 1:30PM and attendees will be invited to visit the ESF biorefinery pilot project.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210