2nd International Biorefinery Conference
Scientists from around the world gather in Syracuse
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), the International Union of Biorefineries, and the Biorefinery Institute organized the 2nd International Biorefinery Conference under way today and continuing tomorrow at the Doubletree Hotel in East Syracuse, N.Y.
Scientists from around the world, faculty, graduate students in biofuels, stakeholders in sustainable chemical industries, biomass production systems, and others involved in the next generation of biofuel investments are attending. The previous conference, two years ago, was held in Beijing, China.
Today's highlights include luncheon speaker Suzanne Hunt of the World Watch Institute discussing biorefineries and the development of emerging economies; followed by Jennifer Holmgren of UOP, a subsidiary of Honeywell International, explaining how to unlock the potential of biofuels; and a panel discussion during the evening banquet on bridging from biorefinery technology to commercial business success.
Wednesday includes morning sessions with Dr. G. Ronald Brown of the American Forest and Paper Association, and Professor Esteban Chornet of Universite' de Sherbrooke, on biorefinery technology development in the forest products industry and developing biomass feedstock.
ESF Professor Thomas Amidon, chair of the 2009 International Biorefinery Conference, delivers closing remarks at 1:30PM and attendees will be invited to visit the ESF biorefinery pilot project.
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210