2nd International Biorefinery Conference
Scientists from around the world gather in Syracuse
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), the International Union of Biorefineries, and the Biorefinery Institute organized the 2nd International Biorefinery Conference under way today and continuing tomorrow at the Doubletree Hotel in East Syracuse, N.Y.
Scientists from around the world, faculty, graduate students in biofuels, stakeholders in sustainable chemical industries, biomass production systems, and others involved in the next generation of biofuel investments are attending. The previous conference, two years ago, was held in Beijing, China.
Today's highlights include luncheon speaker Suzanne Hunt of the World Watch Institute discussing biorefineries and the development of emerging economies; followed by Jennifer Holmgren of UOP, a subsidiary of Honeywell International, explaining how to unlock the potential of biofuels; and a panel discussion during the evening banquet on bridging from biorefinery technology to commercial business success.
Wednesday includes morning sessions with Dr. G. Ronald Brown of the American Forest and Paper Association, and Professor Esteban Chornet of Universite' de Sherbrooke, on biorefinery technology development in the forest products industry and developing biomass feedstock.
ESF Professor Thomas Amidon, chair of the 2009 International Biorefinery Conference, delivers closing remarks at 1:30PM and attendees will be invited to visit the ESF biorefinery pilot project.
- ESF Education a Family Affair for Schiavone Brothers
- Oakie Flies into Final Four
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-Le Moyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210