SUNY-ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
New location for some old favorites
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry will once again bring its hands-on science activities to the New York State Fair, this year in a new location.
ESF will showcase a number of its academic departments as part of the SUNY exhibit located in the Science and Technology Building on Aug. 23, 24, 25, 27 and 28. The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, Aug. 23 - Department of Environmental Resources Engineering with hands-on hydrology activities; environmentally friendly arts and crafts from 6-10 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 24 - Environmentally friendly arts and crafts from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Top 10 New Species display and the American Chestnut Research and Restoration Project from 1 to 4 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 25 - Make your own handmade paper with the Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; environmentally friendly arts and crafts from 6-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 27 - The Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management will hand out tree seedlings and planting information from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; environmentally friendly arts and crafts from 6-10 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 28 - Try your hand at electromagnetic chemistry with ESF's Chemistry Department from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; environmentally friendly arts and crafts from 6-10 p.m.
The ESF College Bookstore/Alumni Office will be at the Taste of New York area Aug. 28 offering samples of the college's maple syrup along with maple cotton candy and maple sno-cones.
The Great Lakes Research Consortium, with ESF and New York Sea Grant, will be at the fair for all 12 days and will be located in the New York State Parks area. This exhibit will present activities focused on water quality monitoring as well as New York's rich underwater resources.
The New York Natural Heritage Program, which is hosted by ESF, will have a display on the NYNHP/ESF-State Park partnership along with some biodiversity activities.
ESF's mascot, Oakie, will make an appearance at the SUNY exhibit Aug. 27.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210