Men's Soccer Team Opens 2014-15 Season with a Win
Mighty Oaks dominate Davis College, 7-0 win
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team opened its 2014-15 campaign with a convincing win over Davis College (Binghamton, N.Y.).
The Mighty Oaks wasted little time getting started; the offensive pressure was there from the start as senior Captain Kyle Bardwell started the scoring off early in the first half. Forward Adam Kozecke followed suit, netting the second goal right before halftime and putting the Mighty Oaks up 2-0.
Bardwell reacted to the Mighty Oaks' first-half play: "We had a lot of shots  that failed to convert, including some weak shots by myself. We kept our heads up and talked about keeping our shots on goal."
The Mighty Oaks came out strong and fast in the second half. Eitan Kiin headed in a corner kick to quickly put the Mighty Oaks up 3-0. Goals then followed from Captain Dillon Buchberg, Eli Wildey, Joe Marino and Captain Rob Hamm.
Throughout the game, the Mighty Oaks dominated the possession on their half of the field and effectively moved the ball forward, creating many scoring opportunities. The squad had a total of 31 shots on goal. Goalkeepers Mike Walczyk, Adam Belkadi, and Cameron Schiavone shared four saves in the 7-0 shutout.
After the win, Hamm shared his thoughts about the game: "The hard work we put into our preseason showed throughout the game today. We are going to carry this momentum into the rest of our season."
On Aug. 30, the Mighty Oaks men's and women's teams both face off against Fisher College in the first round of the New Hampshire Tech Invitational tournament.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210