Women's Soccer Team Wins Queen of the Hill Cup
Back-to-back Queen of the Hill Cup titles for the Mighty Oaks
The ESF women's soccer team defended its Queen of the Hill Cup title with a 1-0 victory over Onondaga Community College Sept. 22 at David W. Murphy Field.
Bryony Striffler took advantage of a turnover by OCC's defense and scored the game's only goal at the 42nd-minute mark of the first half.
OCC came out attacking in the second half but ESF was able to prevail with solid defense and strong goal keeping by Kiki Helmer.
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team is now 7-0 and plays again Sept. 28 versus the USCAA defending national champion, University of Maine-Fort Kent.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath — Here’s the Global Scope
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210