ESF Professor Elected ASLA officer
Richard Hawks to serve two-year term as vice president
Richard S. Hawks of Syracuse, chair of the ESF Department of Landscape Architecture, was elected to a two-year term as vice president of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
A graduate of ESF and the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Hawks joined the ESF faculty in 1979 following staff assignments as research assistant and research associate at Harvard. He has been department chair since 1988.
Hawks has numerous professional publications to his credit and is a popular invited lecturer on aspects of design and design education. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects, a member of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, and Sigma Lambda Alpha, the landscape architecture honorary.
Founded in 1899, ASLA is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing 17,000 members in 48 professional chapters and 68 student chapters. The society's mission is to lead, educate, and participate in the careful stewardship, wise planning, and artful design of our cultural and natural environments.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210