Woodsmen Host East Coast Lumberjack Roundup
Women finish in first place; men finish second
The ESF Woodmen's team hosted the 10th Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully, N.Y., Oct. 11. The event featured teams from all over the Northeast including the University of Connecticut, SUNY Cobleskill, Alfred University, Finger Lakes Community College and Paul Smith's College.
The ESF men's team finished in second place behind Alfred. The ESF men'placed first in the following competitions: singlebuck, cookie stack, stock saw and axe throw.
The ESF women's team won its competition and finished first in the following events: bowsaw, team crosscut, pulp toss, super suede, cookie ttack and fire build.
Both teams will compete again at the Paul Smith's College Woodmen's Weekend Oct. 25.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210