Mighty Oaks Men Lose Soccer Game to Cazenovia in OT
Bardwell leads ESF with three goals
It was a shoot-out at Christakos Field at Cazenovia College Oct. 14.
The Mighty Oaks got on the board first with a goal by senior Kyle Bardwell at the 16-minute mark. The Wildcats proceeded to score two more goals of their own. Bardwell knocked in another goal at the 36-minute mark tying up the score 2-2. Cazenovia answered with another goal, making the score 3-2 at half time.
The second half offered more of the same, with both teams asserting their goal-scoring prowess. The Wildcats opened up the scoring in the second half with a goal at the 10-minute mark ,putting the Wildcats up 4-2. The Mighty Oaks responded with two unanswered goals of their own, one by sophomore Owen Henningan at the 18-minute mark and another by Bardwell, his third goal of the game and seventh of the season, off a beautiful assist from Jeff McKinley at the 27-minute mark of the second half, tying up the game 4-4 even.
The game then went into overtime, a familiar scenario for the Mighty Oaks, for whom it was the third overtime game of the season. Unfortunately the Wildcats struck at the seven-minute mark in overtime with a goal to seal the win for Cazenovia.
The men's soccer team will be on the road at Morrisville Oct. 17.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210