Mighty Oaks Men Lose Soccer Game to Cazenovia in OT
Bardwell leads ESF with three goals
It was a shoot-out at Christakos Field at Cazenovia College Oct. 14.
The Mighty Oaks got on the board first with a goal by senior Kyle Bardwell at the 16-minute mark. The Wildcats proceeded to score two more goals of their own. Bardwell knocked in another goal at the 36-minute mark tying up the score 2-2. Cazenovia answered with another goal, making the score 3-2 at half time.
The second half offered more of the same, with both teams asserting their goal-scoring prowess. The Wildcats opened up the scoring in the second half with a goal at the 10-minute mark ,putting the Wildcats up 4-2. The Mighty Oaks responded with two unanswered goals of their own, one by sophomore Owen Henningan at the 18-minute mark and another by Bardwell, his third goal of the game and seventh of the season, off a beautiful assist from Jeff McKinley at the 27-minute mark of the second half, tying up the game 4-4 even.
The game then went into overtime, a familiar scenario for the Mighty Oaks, for whom it was the third overtime game of the season. Unfortunately the Wildcats struck at the seven-minute mark in overtime with a goal to seal the win for Cazenovia.
The men's soccer team will be on the road at Morrisville Oct. 17.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210