Men's Soccer Team Defeats Broome Community College
Final game for 5 seniors
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team ended the 2014 season on a winning note with a victory over the Hornets of Broome Community College, 3-0.
Junior Chris Bocher opened up the scoring early in the first half. The Hornets looked to respond, creating several scoring chances that were thwarted by senior goalkeeper Mike Walczk, giving the Mighty Oaks a 1-0 lead at halftime.
The Mighty Oaks came out fired up in the second half, netting quick goals by sophomores Chris Peretti and Owen Hennigan. With a 3-0 lead, the Mighty Oaks never looked back.
"The young guys really stepped up today. I am proud of them and look forward to their continued success in the coming years" said senior Captain Kyle Bardwell.
This match marks the final game for seniors Bardwell, Eli Wildey, Dillon Buchberg, Ian Kenney and Mike Walczyk.
The men's soccer team finished its season with a winning record of 9-7.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210