Women's Soccer Team Tops SUNY Canton 5-1
Mighty Oaks finish the regular season with a 12-1 record
It was senior day for the women's soccer team as it took on SUNY Canton Oct. 25 at CNY Family Sport Center.
All six seniors on the ESF roster started the game. The Mighty Oaks got in a hole early after a quick goal by SUNY Canton five minutes into the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded at the 30th minute with a goal by Heather Carl, her 12th of the season. The Mighty Oaks had plenty of scoring chances in the first half including three shots that hit the post. At half time the score was knotted at 1-1.
Shortly after the start of the second half, senior Rachel Truska was able to convert off a pass from junior Bryony Striffler putting ESF up 2-1. The rest of the half was all ESF. Senior Bridget Cuddihy took over, scoring two goals in a five-minute period. Senior Ashley Miller sealed the game with a crazy goal off a long shot from outside of the box that hit the cross bar and went into the net.
The women's soccer team will learn its next opponent Oct. 27 during USCAA National Tournament Selection show. The USCAA Soccer Championships will take place Nov. 5-8 in Charleston, W.Va.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210