Men's Basketball Loses Close Game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The men's basketball team dropped a close game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 81-83 Nov. 8.
The Mighty Oaks controlled most of the first half cruising to a 42-34 half time lead.
At the start of the second half, the Mighty Oaks built on its lead going up as many as 18 points with 10:50 left to play. The Nittany Lions began a full-court press, slowly chipping away at the Mighty Oaks' lead, getting it down to 13, 72-57 with five minutes left to play. The stifling press led to four more Mighty Oaks turnovers and tied up the game, 72-72 with two minutes left to play. Penn State Wilkes-Barre managed to take the lead, 81-77 with a minute to play. ESF sophomore Dan Treadwell hit a three pointer with nine seconds remaining to pull the Mighty Oaks within one, 81-80. ESF fouled Penn State Wilkes-Barre on the ensuing possession. Penn State Wilkes-Barre hit both free throws to go up 83-80. Junior Austin Duncan's three pointer to tie the game at the buzzer rimmed out.
The men's basketball team falls to 1-2 and will be back in action Nov. 15 at Alfred University.
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210