Professor Ramarao Honored With Andrew Chase Award
Honor recognizes outstanding scientific contributions to field of forest bioproducts
Professor Bandaru V. Ramarao, a professor in ESF's Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, was honored with this year's Andrew Chase Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Forest Bioproducts Division (FBD) recognizing his outstanding scientific contributions to the field of forest bioproducts and leadership and service to the division.
Ramarao has been a professor at ESF since 1997 and has served as the director of the Empire State Paper Research Institute since 2003.
Ramarao's research contributions are in the area of transport processes and separations. He has researched moisture transport processes and water removal from lignocellulosics, including pulps. His primary area of research is in separation processes and has led to commercial applications. He also serves as an editor of Separation and Purification Technology.
Ramarao has served in leadership roles of the AIChE's FBD for many years, as programming chair and division chair.
The award was presented at the 2014 AIChE Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Ga., which is attended by more than 8,000 delegates from around the world.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210