Professor Ramarao Honored With Andrew Chase Award
Honor recognizes outstanding scientific contributions to field of forest bioproducts
Professor Bandaru V. Ramarao, a professor in ESF's Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, was honored with this year's Andrew Chase Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Forest Bioproducts Division (FBD) recognizing his outstanding scientific contributions to the field of forest bioproducts and leadership and service to the division.
Ramarao has been a professor at ESF since 1997 and has served as the director of the Empire State Paper Research Institute since 2003.
Ramarao's research contributions are in the area of transport processes and separations. He has researched moisture transport processes and water removal from lignocellulosics, including pulps. His primary area of research is in separation processes and has led to commercial applications. He also serves as an editor of Separation and Purification Technology.
Ramarao has served in leadership roles of the AIChE's FBD for many years, as programming chair and division chair.
The award was presented at the 2014 AIChE Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Ga., which is attended by more than 8,000 delegates from around the world.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210