Mighty Oaks Men's Hoops Go 0-2 This Week
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team dropped two games the week of Nov. 17.
The first game on Nov. 18, Marywood University of Scanton, PA overwhelmed the Mighty Oaks 118-33.
The Pacers shot a scorching 60 percent from the field, including connecting on 20 three pointers. The Mighty Oaks were held to 29 percent shooting in the game and were able to connect on only two of 16 three-point attempts.
The only ESF bright spot came from freshman center Tyler Kuhn. The Oneida native came off the bench and chipped in a career-high nine points and pulled down four rebounds.
The second game of the week, the Mighty Oaks faced rivals Cazenovia College and loss a tight game to the Wildcats 98-85.
The first half featured a high-scoring, back-and-forth affair, the Wildcats lead at the half 44-40.
In the second half both teams continued exchanging baskets. A 9-0 run by the Wildcats late in the second half gave Cazenovia a ten point lead. ESF attempted a comeback with a three pointer by Senior Suthod Young to cut the lead to seven but Cazenovia was able to ice the game from the foul line.
Senior Danny MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 20 points and nine rebounds. Freshman center Kuhn also had another strong game with 8 points and 11 rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks will face St. Lawrence University in the first round of the Hamilton College Invitational Classic on Nov. 29.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210