ESF Named to President’s Community Service Honor Roll
Students contribute more than 73,000 hours of service annually
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the 2014 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, which recognizes colleges and universities that achieve meaningful, measurable outcomes in the communities they serve throughout the nation and show a clear commitment to community service and service learning.
Students at ESF typically contribute more than 73,000 hours of service through the college's Service Learning Initiative and community service projects.
Community service is an integral part of the culture at ESF. Students begin participating in community service when they arrive on campus as first-year students through the Saturday of Service, Transfer Day of Service and First-year Service Projects. Through these and other programs, ESF students learn to become engaged citizens while improving the well being of the local community.
The college works with 200 community partners to provide service opportunities.
This is the eighth time ESF has been on the Community Service Honor Roll. ESF was among 20 SUNY schools to make this year's list.
The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, launched in 2006, annually highlights the role colleges and universities play in solving community problems and placing more students on a lifelong path of civic engagement by recognizing institutions that achieve meaningful, measureable outcomes in the communities they serve.
More ESF News
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210