ESF Named to President’s Community Service Honor Roll
Students contribute more than 73,000 hours of service annually
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was named to the 2014 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, which recognizes colleges and universities that achieve meaningful, measurable outcomes in the communities they serve throughout the nation and show a clear commitment to community service and service learning.
Students at ESF typically contribute more than 73,000 hours of service through the college's Service Learning Initiative and community service projects.
Community service is an integral part of the culture at ESF. Students begin participating in community service when they arrive on campus as first-year students through the Saturday of Service, Transfer Day of Service and First-year Service Projects. Through these and other programs, ESF students learn to become engaged citizens while improving the well being of the local community.
The college works with 200 community partners to provide service opportunities.
This is the eighth time ESF has been on the Community Service Honor Roll. ESF was among 20 SUNY schools to make this year's list.
The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, launched in 2006, annually highlights the role colleges and universities play in solving community problems and placing more students on a lifelong path of civic engagement by recognizing institutions that achieve meaningful, measureable outcomes in the communities they serve.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210