ESF Big Men Dominate as Mighty Oaks Defeat CIA
Three ESF players tally double-doubles
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team started off the new year with an impressive home win over the Culinary Institute of America Steels Jan. 10.
The Steels got out to a hot-shooting start, leading the Mighty Oaks 23-15 in the first 10 minutes of the opening half and going up by as many as nine points. The Mighty Oaks' offense and defense finally awoke from their slumber as ESF, lead by sophomore Ryan Caldwell, rallied back to take the lead at halftime 33-28.
At the start of the second half, the Steels came within three points after a three-pointer made the score 37-34. However the Mighty Oaks kept their composure and surged ahead, outscoring the Steels 45-21 in the final 15 minutes and winning the game 82-55.
ESF's big men dominated the Steels. The ESF team was led by junior foward Sage Beemer's 23 points and 14 rebounds. Senior forward Suthod Young had 18 points and ten rebounds. Caldwell was two assists shy of a triple-double and finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks travel to Johnson City Jan.15 to take on rival Davis College, currently ranked #9 in USCAA Division II.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210