Men's Hoops Team Goes 0-2 on NYC Road Trip
MacElrath averages 15 points per game in back-to-back contests
The ESF men's basketball team loss both games on a two-day road trip to New York City Jan. 24 and 25.
In the first game versus Berkeley College, played at the Borough of Manhattan Community College in lower Manhattan, the first half featured a close contest with the Knights going into halftime with a 37-28 lead over the Mighty Oaks. At the start of the second half, the Knights went on a furious 13-0 run in the opening 80 seconds to pull ahead 50-28. The Mighty Oaks got within 17 points but a 29-16 run by the Knights over the final 12 minutes of the game sealed the win, 89-59, over ESF. Senior Suthod Young and sophomore Ryan Caldwell led the Mighty Oaks with 13 points apiece. Caldwell also had a team-high nine rebounds. Senior Danny MacElrath also chipped in 12 points.
In the second game versus Vaughn College, played at the Elmcor Recreation Center in Queens, the Warriors used a 57-point first half, including connecting on six three-pointers, to build a 26-point lead over the Mighty Oaks. The Mighty Oaks outscored the Warriors in the second half, 35-33, but the first-half deficit was too large to overcome and the final score was 90-66. MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 18 points. Sophomore Kyler Brown came off the bench to score a double-double, with 10 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes of action. Sophomore Dan Treadwell also contributed 12 points.
The Mighty Oaks fell to 4-13 and look to get a win on the road at SUNY Canton Feb. 6.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210