Men's Hoops Team Goes 0-2 on NYC Road Trip
MacElrath averages 15 points per game in back-to-back contests
The ESF men's basketball team loss both games on a two-day road trip to New York City Jan. 24 and 25.
In the first game versus Berkeley College, played at the Borough of Manhattan Community College in lower Manhattan, the first half featured a close contest with the Knights going into halftime with a 37-28 lead over the Mighty Oaks. At the start of the second half, the Knights went on a furious 13-0 run in the opening 80 seconds to pull ahead 50-28. The Mighty Oaks got within 17 points but a 29-16 run by the Knights over the final 12 minutes of the game sealed the win, 89-59, over ESF. Senior Suthod Young and sophomore Ryan Caldwell led the Mighty Oaks with 13 points apiece. Caldwell also had a team-high nine rebounds. Senior Danny MacElrath also chipped in 12 points.
In the second game versus Vaughn College, played at the Elmcor Recreation Center in Queens, the Warriors used a 57-point first half, including connecting on six three-pointers, to build a 26-point lead over the Mighty Oaks. The Mighty Oaks outscored the Warriors in the second half, 35-33, but the first-half deficit was too large to overcome and the final score was 90-66. MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 18 points. Sophomore Kyler Brown came off the bench to score a double-double, with 10 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes of action. Sophomore Dan Treadwell also contributed 12 points.
The Mighty Oaks fell to 4-13 and look to get a win on the road at SUNY Canton Feb. 6.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210