Basketball Team Falls to Canton in Season Finale
Senior Suthod Young hauls down 17 rebounds
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the SUNY Canton Roos, 74-57, in its season finale on the road at the Roos House.
The Roos controlled the game right from the start, building a quick 16-2 lead. SUNY Canton would lead by as many as 17 points in the first half but a strong run toward the close of the half brought the Mighty Oaks within nine, 37-26, at the intermission.
SUNY Canton went on a 16-0 run during a four-minute span at the start of the second half to build its lead to 27 points (58-31). The Mighty Oaks fought hard but were not able to overcome the large lead by the Roos.
Senior Suthod Young finished the game with eight points and 17 rebounds, a program record. Sophomore Ryan Caldwell finished with 10 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell finished with nine points and five steals. Senior Danny MacElrath chipped in eight points in his final game as a Mighty Oak.
"SUNY Canton is a strong team and a great defense squad. I was proud of our defensive effort holding a great team like SUNY Canton under 40 percent shooting. I am very pleased with our team this season; effort was never an issue. This group always showed up ready to play," said Head Coach Scott Blair.
The men's basketball team finished its season with a 5-14 overall record.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210