Basketball Team Falls to Canton in Season Finale
Senior Suthod Young hauls down 17 rebounds
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the SUNY Canton Roos, 74-57, in its season finale on the road at the Roos House.
The Roos controlled the game right from the start, building a quick 16-2 lead. SUNY Canton would lead by as many as 17 points in the first half but a strong run toward the close of the half brought the Mighty Oaks within nine, 37-26, at the intermission.
SUNY Canton went on a 16-0 run during a four-minute span at the start of the second half to build its lead to 27 points (58-31). The Mighty Oaks fought hard but were not able to overcome the large lead by the Roos.
Senior Suthod Young finished the game with eight points and 17 rebounds, a program record. Sophomore Ryan Caldwell finished with 10 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell finished with nine points and five steals. Senior Danny MacElrath chipped in eight points in his final game as a Mighty Oak.
"SUNY Canton is a strong team and a great defense squad. I was proud of our defensive effort holding a great team like SUNY Canton under 40 percent shooting. I am very pleased with our team this season; effort was never an issue. This group always showed up ready to play," said Head Coach Scott Blair.
The men's basketball team finished its season with a 5-14 overall record.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210