ESF Senior Honored at National STEM Conference
CSTEP student Danielle Berry wins second place for poster
ESF senior and Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) student Danielle Berry won second place for her poster presentation in the chemistry and chemical sciences category at the Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics conference in Washington, D.C.
This national conference for undergraduate and graduate science students, held Feb. 19 thorugh 21, is hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Science Foundation. Four ESF CSTEP students and their advisor attended the conference designed to prepare college students for science careers in the global workforce.
Berry's poster, titled "Synthesis of Cyclopropyl Inhibitors of Invertebrate Sterol Metabolism," described research she did last summer in Dr. Jose Giner's laboratory, creating tools to explore the inhibitory effects that algal sterols have on the metabolism of arthropods in the marine food web.
Berry is considering furthering her education in the field of environmental chemistry.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210