Students Can Bring ‘Great Green Ideas’ To Chamber Show
SUNY-ESF co-sponsors green science fair
The 2010 Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce Green Business Showcase will includes an opportunity for high school students to participate in a green science fair.
"Great Green Ideas That Can Change the World," the largest green science fair in the state, will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25 at the Center of Progress Building at the New York State Fairgrounds.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is coordinating the event through its Sustainability and Green Entrepreneurship Project. Partners in the event are the Syracuse Chamber of Commerce, the Clean Tech Center, the Tech Garden, the Metropolitan Development Association of Syracuse and Central New York, the Syracuse Center of Excellence and Creative Core partners.
High school and college students from across Upstate New York will compete for $600 in cash prizes for ideas based on sustainability and green technology. They will be part of a Green Innovation Exposition that is expected to draw more than 7,000 people. Joining them will be more than 300 businesses that will take part in the business expo.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210