Students Can Bring ‘Great Green Ideas’ To Chamber Show
SUNY-ESF co-sponsors green science fair
The 2010 Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce Green Business Showcase will includes an opportunity for high school students to participate in a green science fair.
"Great Green Ideas That Can Change the World," the largest green science fair in the state, will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25 at the Center of Progress Building at the New York State Fairgrounds.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is coordinating the event through its Sustainability and Green Entrepreneurship Project. Partners in the event are the Syracuse Chamber of Commerce, the Clean Tech Center, the Tech Garden, the Metropolitan Development Association of Syracuse and Central New York, the Syracuse Center of Excellence and Creative Core partners.
High school and college students from across Upstate New York will compete for $600 in cash prizes for ideas based on sustainability and green technology. They will be part of a Green Innovation Exposition that is expected to draw more than 7,000 people. Joining them will be more than 300 businesses that will take part in the business expo.
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210