Students Can Bring ‘Great Green Ideas’ To Chamber Show
SUNY-ESF co-sponsors green science fair
The 2010 Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce Green Business Showcase will includes an opportunity for high school students to participate in a green science fair.
"Great Green Ideas That Can Change the World," the largest green science fair in the state, will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25 at the Center of Progress Building at the New York State Fairgrounds.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is coordinating the event through its Sustainability and Green Entrepreneurship Project. Partners in the event are the Syracuse Chamber of Commerce, the Clean Tech Center, the Tech Garden, the Metropolitan Development Association of Syracuse and Central New York, the Syracuse Center of Excellence and Creative Core partners.
High school and college students from across Upstate New York will compete for $600 in cash prizes for ideas based on sustainability and green technology. They will be part of a Green Innovation Exposition that is expected to draw more than 7,000 people. Joining them will be more than 300 businesses that will take part in the business expo.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210