Sunday, May 26, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
Students Can Bring ‘Great Green Ideas’ To Chamber Show
SUNY-ESF co-sponsors green science fair
The 2010 Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce Green Business Showcase will includes an opportunity for high school students to participate in a green science fair.
"Great Green Ideas That Can Change the World," the largest green science fair in the state, will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25 at the Center of Progress Building at the New York State Fairgrounds.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is coordinating the event through its Sustainability and Green Entrepreneurship Project. Partners in the event are the Syracuse Chamber of Commerce, the Clean Tech Center, the Tech Garden, the Metropolitan Development Association of Syracuse and Central New York, the Syracuse Center of Excellence and Creative Core partners.
High school and college students from across Upstate New York will compete for $600 in cash prizes for ideas based on sustainability and green technology. They will be part of a Green Innovation Exposition that is expected to draw more than 7,000 people. Joining them will be more than 300 businesses that will take part in the business expo.