LEED Platinum Plaque Gets Place of Honor in Gateway
Unveiling helps kick off Green Building Conference
One of the top priorities for the construction of the ESF Gateway Center was to meet the industry's highest standards for energy and environmental design.
That meant an innovative design to use the least amount of energy possible to heat, cool and light the building. It meant incorporating an innovative combined heat-and-power system using a combination of wood pellets and natural gas, and a unique green roof that is a mix of native plant species.
The effort was successful and the Gateway Center was awarded LEED Platinum certification, the highest standard set by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). When green building professionals gathered in Syracuse March 11 -13 for the 13th annual New York State Green Building Conference, USGBC CEO Rick Fedrizzi helped ESF leaders unveil the plaque. Fedrizzi was joined by President Quentin Wheeler; Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF Board of Trustees; ESF Trustee Matthew Marko; and Tracie Hall, executive director of the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210