ESF Marchers Hand Out 5,000 Seed Packets in St. Patrick's Parade
College donates biodiesel to city for post-parade cleanup
Fifty members of the SUNY-ESF community distributed 5,000 packets of sunflower seeds to the crowd that lined Salina Street during the 28th annual Syracuse St. Patrick's Parade March 13.
Marching behind the College's signature "We Bleed Green" banner, students, faculty and staff members walked the parade route with helium-filled Earth balloons and signs that congratulated former Syracuse University football Coach Dick MacPherson on his selection as parade grand marshal.
For the second consecutive year, ESF donated biodiesel fuel to the city of Syracuse for use in its street sweepers after the parade. The donation was made in response to the St. Patrick's Parade Committee's effort to make the parade a more sustainable event.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210