Wednesday, March 04, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Grad Student Awarded Rare Book School Scholarship
- Curry to Tell Story of ESF Landscape Influence in Hyde Park
- SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF for ‘Speak Out’ with Students
- Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
- Career Fair Links Students, Prospective Employers
ESF Marchers Hand Out 5,000 Seed Packets in St. Patrick's Parade
College donates biodiesel to city for post-parade cleanup
Fifty members of the SUNY-ESF community distributed 5,000 packets of sunflower seeds to the crowd that lined Salina Street during the 28th annual Syracuse St. Patrick's Parade March 13.
Marching behind the College's signature "We Bleed Green" banner, students, faculty and staff members walked the parade route with helium-filled Earth balloons and signs that congratulated former Syracuse University football Coach Dick MacPherson on his selection as parade grand marshal.
For the second consecutive year, ESF donated biodiesel fuel to the city of Syracuse for use in its street sweepers after the parade. The donation was made in response to the St. Patrick's Parade Committee's effort to make the parade a more sustainable event.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210