ESF Marchers Hand Out 5,000 Seed Packets in St. Patrick's Parade
College donates biodiesel to city for post-parade cleanup
Fifty members of the SUNY-ESF community distributed 5,000 packets of sunflower seeds to the crowd that lined Salina Street during the 28th annual Syracuse St. Patrick's Parade March 13.
Marching behind the College's signature "We Bleed Green" banner, students, faculty and staff members walked the parade route with helium-filled Earth balloons and signs that congratulated former Syracuse University football Coach Dick MacPherson on his selection as parade grand marshal.
For the second consecutive year, ESF donated biodiesel fuel to the city of Syracuse for use in its street sweepers after the parade. The donation was made in response to the St. Patrick's Parade Committee's effort to make the parade a more sustainable event.
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210