Limburg Honored as Exemplary Researcher
Fisheries ecologist recently published in Bioscience
The video associated with this story has been removed. Contact email@example.com if you need further information.
Dr. Karin Limburg, a fisheries ecologist in the ESF Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB), has received the College's 2010 Exemplary Researcher award.
The award was presented to Limburg April 14 as part of ESF Spotlight Symposium that focuses on student research. The award is given annually and recognizes a faculty member with exemplary research activity, publication record and graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Limburg, an associate professor, joined the EFB faculty in August 1999. In nominating her for the award, EFB Chair Donald J. Leopold described her as "one of the most productive researchers at ESF," including grants received, number of students trained, post-doctoral associates and visiting scientists supported, and papers published and highly cited.
Leopold said Limburg's scientific research is cited more often than any other faculty member in EFB. Her most recent work focuses on the decline of fish in the Atlantic Ocean. Her work on the subject was published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society and in BioScience.
Limburg is on the board of the U.S. Society for Ecological Economics and is the founding co-editor of Ecological Economics Reviews.
Recent ESF News
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210