Limburg Honored as Exemplary Researcher
Fisheries ecologist recently published in Bioscience
Dr. Karin Limburg, a fisheries ecologist in the ESF Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB), has received the College's 2010 Exemplary Researcher award.
The award was presented to Limburg April 14 as part of ESF Spotlight Symposium that focuses on student research. The award is given annually and recognizes a faculty member with exemplary research activity, publication record and graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Limburg, an associate professor, joined the EFB faculty in August 1999. In nominating her for the award, EFB Chair Donald J. Leopold described her as "one of the most productive researchers at ESF," including grants received, number of students trained, post-doctoral associates and visiting scientists supported, and papers published and highly cited.
Leopold said Limburg's scientific research is cited more often than any other faculty member in EFB. Her most recent work focuses on the decline of fish in the Atlantic Ocean. Her work on the subject was published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society and in BioScience.
Limburg is on the board of the U.S. Society for Ecological Economics and is the founding co-editor of Ecological Economics Reviews.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210