ESF Bass Fishing Team Places 4th at Tournament
Team wins $500 in prize money
The ESF bass fishing team finished in a strong fourth place among 15 schools at the 2015 FLW (Fish League Worldwide) College Northern Conference Tournament at Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York, Aug. 1.
The four-member contingent from the ESF bass fishing team was split up into two groups: juniors Jacob Ball and Ethan Hall. and junior Luke Matt and sophomore Caleb Konrad.
The team relied on a dock fishing pattern using senkos and jig lures. The duo of Ball and Hall finished the tournament with a combined catch of 11pounds, 6 ounces, earning them a fourth-place finish and a $500 prize for the club.
The team compete will Sept. 12 and 13 in another FLW-sponsored college tournament in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210