Come Visit ESF at the New York State Fair
Wildlife, water, business and maple syrup highlight ESF’s fair presence
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will again bring hands-on science to the New York State Fair.
The college will showcase its Roosevelt Wild Life Collection and Department of Environmental and Forest Biology as part of the SUNY exhibit located in the Science and Technology Building on opening day of the fair, Aug. 27. ESF will display specimens of some of the birds, mammals, fishes, reptiles and amphibians found throughout North America from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Also on opening day, ESF will highlight its partnership with Windsor Wood USA at the StartUP NY exhibit from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The START-UP NY program, begun by Governor Andrew Cuomo, provides companies with a number of tax-related benefits when they expand or relocate to the state. In addition, the companies partner with universities and set up their operations on or near university campuses.
The Great Lakes Research Consortium, with ESF and New York Sea Grant, will be at the fair for all 12 days and will be located in the New York State Parks area. This exhibit will present activities focused on water quality monitoring as well as broadcasting weather information daily from a buoy located in the park's reflecting pond. The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a sweet way to round out the college's State Fair presence, the ESF College Bookstore/Alumni Office will be at the Taste of New York area Sept. 4 offering samples of the college's maple syrup along with maple cotton candy and maple cream. The Taste of New York tent is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is located inside the main gate of the fair.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210