Men's Cross Country Team Finishes Second at LeMoyne College
Women's team finishes in third place
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams got off to a solid start in their first race of the 2015 season, Sept 5., at LeMoyne College Short Course in Syracuse, New York.
The men's team, who will defend its title as USCAA national champions for the fifth straight season, finished in second place in the 6K race and was lead by senior Stephen Slonosky who finished in sixth place overall with a time of 22:22.
Juniors Peter LeDuc (seventh - 22:29) and Reed Scott (eighth - 22:38) also finished in the top 10.
On the women's side, the Mighty Oaks finished the 5K race in third place overall and were lead by freshman Marissa Lathrop who finished in sixth place overall (17:13) in her first-ever collegiate meet.
Also finishing in the top 10 were freshman Erin Cuddihy (eighth - 18:24) and junior Courtney Pitman (ninth - 18:28).
"Despite the hot racing conditions, I am very happy with both teams" said head Coach John View. "Our freshmen stepped up and got their first real taste of collegiate cross country."
Both teams are back in action on Sept. 12 at the Oswego State Invitational.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210