Men's Cross Country Team Finishes Second at LeMoyne College
Women's team finishes in third place
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams got off to a solid start in their first race of the 2015 season, Sept 5., at LeMoyne College Short Course in Syracuse, New York.
The men's team, who will defend its title as USCAA national champions for the fifth straight season, finished in second place in the 6K race and was lead by senior Stephen Slonosky who finished in sixth place overall with a time of 22:22.
Juniors Peter LeDuc (seventh - 22:29) and Reed Scott (eighth - 22:38) also finished in the top 10.
On the women's side, the Mighty Oaks finished the 5K race in third place overall and were lead by freshman Marissa Lathrop who finished in sixth place overall (17:13) in her first-ever collegiate meet.
Also finishing in the top 10 were freshman Erin Cuddihy (eighth - 18:24) and junior Courtney Pitman (ninth - 18:28).
"Despite the hot racing conditions, I am very happy with both teams" said head Coach John View. "Our freshmen stepped up and got their first real taste of collegiate cross country."
Both teams are back in action on Sept. 12 at the Oswego State Invitational.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210