Women's Soccer Team Defeat Cazenovia College
Improve to 2-0 for the season
On a beautiful fall afternoon for soccer, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team took the field against the Wildcats of Cazenovia College Sept. 11.
ESF got on the board quickly when junior All-American Heather Carl bombed a shot from 20 feet out directly into the back of the net. Carl is known for her deep shot prowess. Less than 10 minutes later, senior Bryony Striffler received a nice pass from sophomore Natalee Wrege and chipped the ball into the goal to put the Mighty Oaks up 2-0.
The second half was controlled mostly by ESF. Several Mighty Oaks had scoring chances including a spectacular diving header by Carl that just went wide.
Sophomore goalkeeper Megan Herbst, filling in for starting goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer, who is out with a strained knee, played a strong game protecting the net and earning a shutout. ESF won with the final score of 2-0 over Cazenovia.
The women's team improves to 2-0 and will play SUNY Delhi Sept. 19.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210