Women's Soccer Team Defeat Cazenovia College
Improve to 2-0 for the season
On a beautiful fall afternoon for soccer, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team took the field against the Wildcats of Cazenovia College Sept. 11.
ESF got on the board quickly when junior All-American Heather Carl bombed a shot from 20 feet out directly into the back of the net. Carl is known for her deep shot prowess. Less than 10 minutes later, senior Bryony Striffler received a nice pass from sophomore Natalee Wrege and chipped the ball into the goal to put the Mighty Oaks up 2-0.
The second half was controlled mostly by ESF. Several Mighty Oaks had scoring chances including a spectacular diving header by Carl that just went wide.
Sophomore goalkeeper Megan Herbst, filling in for starting goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer, who is out with a strained knee, played a strong game protecting the net and earning a shutout. ESF won with the final score of 2-0 over Cazenovia.
The women's team improves to 2-0 and will play SUNY Delhi Sept. 19.
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210