Golf Team Finishes 6th at Canton Invitational
Players improve scores at Oswego
The Mighty Oaks men's golf team finished in sixth place at the 2015 SUNY Canton Invitational Sept. 19 at Partridge Run Golf & Country Club.
Senior Alex Brown finished first for ESF with a score of 83, 11 over par. Brown's score of 83 placed him in a tie for fifth place overall out 31 individual competitors.
Senior Brian Walsh finished second for the Mighty Oaks with a score of 92 followed by graduate student Bob Moesch with a score of 96.
On Sept. 21, the team traveled to Oswego to participate in the 18th Annual Oswego State Invite. The squad was competitive, with many players improving on individual scores. The team finished eighth out of nine schools.
Brown again came in first for ESF with a score of 83, tying his score from the Canton outing. Walsh was second with a score of 88, improving his score by four strokes. Moesch again finished third with an improved score of 90.
The golfers will compete again Sept. 26-27 when they travel to Livonia, New York, for a two-day tournament hosted by the National Collegiate Club Golf Association.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210