Golf Team Finishes 6th at Canton Invitational
Players improve scores at Oswego
The Mighty Oaks men's golf team finished in sixth place at the 2015 SUNY Canton Invitational Sept. 19 at Partridge Run Golf & Country Club.
Senior Alex Brown finished first for ESF with a score of 83, 11 over par. Brown's score of 83 placed him in a tie for fifth place overall out 31 individual competitors.
Senior Brian Walsh finished second for the Mighty Oaks with a score of 92 followed by graduate student Bob Moesch with a score of 96.
On Sept. 21, the team traveled to Oswego to participate in the 18th Annual Oswego State Invite. The squad was competitive, with many players improving on individual scores. The team finished eighth out of nine schools.
Brown again came in first for ESF with a score of 83, tying his score from the Canton outing. Walsh was second with a score of 88, improving his score by four strokes. Moesch again finished third with an improved score of 90.
The golfers will compete again Sept. 26-27 when they travel to Livonia, New York, for a two-day tournament hosted by the National Collegiate Club Golf Association.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210