GCI Finalist in “Green of the Crop” Contest
ESF Green Campus Initiative recognized for environmental efforts
The Green Campus Initiative, a student organization dedicated to making ESF a greener and more sustainable institution, was named first runner-up in the inaugural "Green of the Crop" contest sponsored by The Amos Project, Clean Tech Center, CNY Works, Earthsense, MDA, New York's Creative Core, Syracuse Center of Excellence, and The Post Standard/Green CNY.
Thirteen finalists were selected from 85 nominees based on the environmental impact of their work, as well as creativity and innovation. Winners were named in four categories during the awards presentation, April 23, 2010. The ESF Green Campus Initiative was named first runner-up in the education category while the Syracuse City School District's Go Green project took first place.
Some of the Green Campus Initiative projects include an installing an aerated composting system, running an Earth Day Waste Audit, promoting recycling and biking.
More information about the ESF Green Campus Initiative is available at www.esf.edu/org/gci/default.html.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210