GCI Finalist in “Green of the Crop” Contest
ESF Green Campus Initiative recognized for environmental efforts
The Green Campus Initiative, a student organization dedicated to making ESF a greener and more sustainable institution, was named first runner-up in the inaugural "Green of the Crop" contest sponsored by The Amos Project, Clean Tech Center, CNY Works, Earthsense, MDA, New York's Creative Core, Syracuse Center of Excellence, and The Post Standard/Green CNY.
Thirteen finalists were selected from 85 nominees based on the environmental impact of their work, as well as creativity and innovation. Winners were named in four categories during the awards presentation, April 23, 2010. The ESF Green Campus Initiative was named first runner-up in the education category while the Syracuse City School District's Go Green project took first place.
Some of the Green Campus Initiative projects include an installing an aerated composting system, running an Earth Day Waste Audit, promoting recycling and biking.
More information about the ESF Green Campus Initiative is available at www.esf.edu/org/gci/default.html.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210