GCI Finalist in “Green of the Crop” Contest
ESF Green Campus Initiative recognized for environmental efforts
The Green Campus Initiative, a student organization dedicated to making ESF a greener and more sustainable institution, was named first runner-up in the inaugural "Green of the Crop" contest sponsored by The Amos Project, Clean Tech Center, CNY Works, Earthsense, MDA, New York's Creative Core, Syracuse Center of Excellence, and The Post Standard/Green CNY.
Thirteen finalists were selected from 85 nominees based on the environmental impact of their work, as well as creativity and innovation. Winners were named in four categories during the awards presentation, April 23, 2010. The ESF Green Campus Initiative was named first runner-up in the education category while the Syracuse City School District's Go Green project took first place.
Some of the Green Campus Initiative projects include an installing an aerated composting system, running an Earth Day Waste Audit, promoting recycling and biking.
More information about the ESF Green Campus Initiative is available at www.esf.edu/org/gci/default.html.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210