Bass Fishing Team Struggles in Competition
Harsh weather hampers two-day effort
The ESF bass fishing team traveled to the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland in mid-September for the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) Northern Conference Championship.
The ESF representatives competed against teams from 45 other colleges.
Juniors Jacob Ball and Ethan Hall faced some challenges. Harsh weather and poor conditions affected their perfomance as they came up short during the two-day event and failed to qualify for the FLW College Fishing Championship Tournament.
The team looks to learn from this experience and apply it to future fishing tournaments.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210