Bass Fishing Team Struggles in Competition
Harsh weather hampers two-day effort
The ESF bass fishing team traveled to the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland in mid-September for the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) Northern Conference Championship.
The ESF representatives competed against teams from 45 other colleges.
Juniors Jacob Ball and Ethan Hall faced some challenges. Harsh weather and poor conditions affected their perfomance as they came up short during the two-day event and failed to qualify for the FLW College Fishing Championship Tournament.
The team looks to learn from this experience and apply it to future fishing tournaments.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210