Women's Soccer Team Blanks SUNY Canton
Lauren Archer nets two goals for Mighty Oaks
The ESF women's soccer team took on the SUNY Canton Roos Sept. 24 and came away with a 4-0 win.
The Mighty Oaks dominated the first half. Sophomore Lauren Archer got the Mighty Oaks on the board nine minutes into the game after she collected a loose ball off a corner kick and put the ball home near the post. Just two minutes later, junior Heather Carl added a goal, her third of the season, to put ESF up 2-0.
Sophomore midfielder Jessie Smith tallied a goal at the 32nd-minute mark. Then, just before halftime, freshman Natalee Wrege set up Archer, who drilled a shot into the top right corner for her second goal of the game and fifth goal of the season.
In the second half both teams had several scoring chances but the game ended in a 4-0 win for the Mighty Oaks. Sophomore goalkeeper Megan Herbst had another strong game in the net, making seven saves and earning a shutout. ESF got the win despite playing with a temporarily depleted roster that left the team with only two subs.
With the win, the team improves to 5-0 on the season. The Mighty Oaks will play HVIAC conference rival Albany Pharmacy Sept. 27.
More ESF News
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210