Men's Soccer Team Defeat Davis College
Strong first half propels the Mighty Oaks to a win
The Mighty Oaks were on the road against HVIAC foe Davis College on Sept. 30. ESF scored three goals in the first half to build commanding lead over the Falcons. ESF went on to win 4-0.
Sophomore Chris Schiavone got the Mighty Oaks on the board first with a goal at the 29-minute mark. Six minutes later, junior Jorge Guarin knocked in another goal compliments of a nice assist from Schiavone, giving ESF an early 2-0 lead.
Junior Zack Reda added another goal at the 37-minute mark of the first half. Reda and Guarin are tied with four goals a piece this season.
Davis College was aggressively looking to score in the second half but the Mighty Oaks defense held off the Falcon attack. Senior Jamie Eddings added another goal at the 85-minute mark to give ESF a 4-0 lead.
Sophomore goal keeper Cameron Schiavone picked up a shutout, his fourth of the season.
With the win, the men's team improve to 4-4 overall and 4-1 in HVIAC conference play. The men are back in action in another HVIAC contest against Culinary Institute on Oct. 3.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210