Men's Soccer Team Defeat Davis College
Strong first half propels the Mighty Oaks to a win
The Mighty Oaks were on the road against HVIAC foe Davis College on Sept. 30. ESF scored three goals in the first half to build commanding lead over the Falcons. ESF went on to win 4-0.
Sophomore Chris Schiavone got the Mighty Oaks on the board first with a goal at the 29-minute mark. Six minutes later, junior Jorge Guarin knocked in another goal compliments of a nice assist from Schiavone, giving ESF an early 2-0 lead.
Junior Zack Reda added another goal at the 37-minute mark of the first half. Reda and Guarin are tied with four goals a piece this season.
Davis College was aggressively looking to score in the second half but the Mighty Oaks defense held off the Falcon attack. Senior Jamie Eddings added another goal at the 85-minute mark to give ESF a 4-0 lead.
Sophomore goal keeper Cameron Schiavone picked up a shutout, his fourth of the season.
With the win, the men's team improve to 4-4 overall and 4-1 in HVIAC conference play. The men are back in action in another HVIAC contest against Culinary Institute on Oct. 3.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210