Men's Soccer Team Defeat Davis College
Strong first half propels the Mighty Oaks to a win
The Mighty Oaks were on the road against HVIAC foe Davis College on Sept. 30. ESF scored three goals in the first half to build commanding lead over the Falcons. ESF went on to win 4-0.
Sophomore Chris Schiavone got the Mighty Oaks on the board first with a goal at the 29-minute mark. Six minutes later, junior Jorge Guarin knocked in another goal compliments of a nice assist from Schiavone, giving ESF an early 2-0 lead.
Junior Zack Reda added another goal at the 37-minute mark of the first half. Reda and Guarin are tied with four goals a piece this season.
Davis College was aggressively looking to score in the second half but the Mighty Oaks defense held off the Falcon attack. Senior Jamie Eddings added another goal at the 85-minute mark to give ESF a 4-0 lead.
Sophomore goal keeper Cameron Schiavone picked up a shutout, his fourth of the season.
With the win, the men's team improve to 4-4 overall and 4-1 in HVIAC conference play. The men are back in action in another HVIAC contest against Culinary Institute on Oct. 3.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210