Women's Soccer Team Ties Broome Community
Mighty Oaks 6-1-1 for the season
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team finished with a 1-1 tie in a non-conference match against Broome Community College Oct. 7.
Both teams played an energetic contest, looking for opportunities to score.
In the 18th minute, junior Heather Carl found the back of the net after a free kick that was awarded about 25 yards from the Hornets' net. Carl lofted a ball toward the back of the goal just out of the reach of Hornets' goal keeper. It was Carl's sixth goal of the season. Less than two minutes later, at the 20th minute, Broome answered with a shot in the far net for the tying goal.
Both squads fought hard in the second half but neither could capitalize on any opportunities. The Hornets held a slight edge in shots (11-10). The Mighty Oaks welcomed back All-American goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer who missed the last six games with a knee injury. Hilmer had fives saves for the Mighty Oaks.
The Mighty Oaks will be in action next in the fifth annual Barkeater Cup vs. Paul Smith's College Oct. 9.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210