Women's Soccer Team Ties Broome Community
Mighty Oaks 6-1-1 for the season
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team finished with a 1-1 tie in a non-conference match against Broome Community College Oct. 7.
Both teams played an energetic contest, looking for opportunities to score.
In the 18th minute, junior Heather Carl found the back of the net after a free kick that was awarded about 25 yards from the Hornets' net. Carl lofted a ball toward the back of the goal just out of the reach of Hornets' goal keeper. It was Carl's sixth goal of the season. Less than two minutes later, at the 20th minute, Broome answered with a shot in the far net for the tying goal.
Both squads fought hard in the second half but neither could capitalize on any opportunities. The Hornets held a slight edge in shots (11-10). The Mighty Oaks welcomed back All-American goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer who missed the last six games with a knee injury. Hilmer had fives saves for the Mighty Oaks.
The Mighty Oaks will be in action next in the fifth annual Barkeater Cup vs. Paul Smith's College Oct. 9.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210